What To Expect When Visiting A Physical Therapy Clinic For The First Time?
Have you been told you need physical therapy? Do you have an upcoming surgery and want to set up your physical therapy sessions ahead of time? At Plumas Physical Therapy in Quincy, CA, our physical therapists are up to date on the most effective treatment options for a wide range of symptoms, injuries, and conditions.
Our physical therapy is based on treating the whole person and addressing your pain and/or injuries. We will give you the tools and education to resolve your condition and prevent future pain and/or injuries. We are dedicated to helping improve your overall health and well-being.
Our mission at Plumas Physical Therapy in Quincy, CA is to help you resolve any aches and pains preventing you from remaining active and enjoying life. We are highly skilled at getting to the root of your problem and finding solutions that provide immediate and long-term relief!
Request an appointment with one of our physical therapists today!
What to expect at your first Plumas Physical Therapy appointment
Our therapists use a whole-person, results-driven approach. Every session is tailored to your specific needs and based on your current situation to ensure you resolve your pain, weaknesses, restrictions, and functional limitations as soon as possible.
Rather than contributing to the current medical system’s limited view of treating your symptoms with medication or surgery, we focus on determining the root cause of a problem. Your Quincy, CA therapists provide patient-centered care.
You can do a few things to prepare for your first session. For example, we ask all patients to bring the following to the first session:
- Please go online, fill out our intake forms, or print the documents and complete them to bring with you at your initial evaluation.
- Please wear or bring comfortable clothing that allows you to move easily and provide access to your problem areas.
- If you intend to use insurance, please bring your insurance information so we can make a copy of your card for our records.
- Please bring any referrals, prescriptions, and test results from your referring physician, Nurse Practitioner, or physician assistant.
- In case of an automobile accident or worker’s compensation claim, bring any case manager or insurance adjuster’s contact names, phone numbers, and claim numbers.
At your initial visit, our physical therapists will start by conducting an evaluation that includes a thorough history and comprehensive physical examination. Our experts understand the body’s interconnectedness and are skilled at identifying impairments and functional limitations that are contributing to your specific situation.
When you arrive at our Quincy, CA physical therapy clinic, you can expect the following:
- Upon entering the clinic, you must register at the front desk. Our administrative team will need your insurance information and any other paperwork you may have brought with you (i.e., referral, X-ray or MRI report, and other medical reports).
- Next, we will take you to a private room for your initial evaluation with one of our physical therapists. Our therapists conduct a thorough assessment to understand your problem(s) and provide you with the best possible solution(s).
- Based on your medical history and physical examinations, your physical therapist will devise a therapy plan for you. This will include an explanation, education, and some treatments to get you started on your road to recovery.
- Your Plumas Physical Therapy therapist will discuss your goals and work with you to create a therapy plan to help you recover as quickly as possible and achieve meaningful, lasting results.
If you are in pain, have an injury, or are recovering from recent surgery, our specialists at Plumas Physical Therapy in Quincy, CA will address these issues, prioritize your needs, and get you back to doing what you love!
How is physical therapy different at Plumas Physical Therapy?
Physical therapy at Plumas Physical Therapy in Quincy, CA is a safe and effective treatment option for people who want to avoid taking medications or having surgery. We are movement experts with advanced training to help you improve your quality of life through hands-on care, patient education, and prescribed movement-based exercises.
Our therapists play a vital role in preventing, controlling, and reversing injuries, old and new. At Plumas Physical Therapy, our goal is to assist you in achieving your health and rehabilitation objectives, so you can return to living the life you desire. Every program is tailored to your specific requirements.
We believe in individualized treatment regimens for each and every patient that includes treatments like:
- Manual therapy, including joint mobilization and soft tissue work (i.e., deep tissue massage, trigger point release, and myofascial release techniques)
- Mobility and strengthening exercises
- Balance and coordination drills
- Gait training
- Modalities like electrical stimulation, therapeutic ultrasound, lasers, and any other research-backed treatment
Our physical therapists assess and treat many sorts of pain and injuries. We can discuss your options and help you decide if physical therapy is right for you. Contact us today to learn more about how PT can help you and make an appointment with one of our dedicated staff members.
Request an appointment today!
Our goal at Plumas Physical Therapy is to consistently provide life-changing results to anyone in Quincy, CA who needs help with pain, injury recovery, or to prevent future injuries. We are committed to helping you at every stage of your recovery!
Call today to learn more about our programs and how we can help you feel good again!