Why Should I Choose Physical Therapy?
- Our physical therapy clinic in Blairsden and Quincy, CA prides itself on providing a positive, encouraging environment with well-trained, friendly staff. We are confident in our ability to help you reach your goals and get back to living a pain-free life.
- You have the right to receive physical therapy at any facility you choose. At Plumas Physical Therapy, you will receive the highest quality care while achieving the results you are in search of.
Can I Find Pain Relief With Physical Therapy?
You sure can! Everyone can benefit from physical therapy. By working with you and your doctor, we can discuss your options and help determine if physical therapy will be the right choice for you. Contact us to discuss your current condition.
Does Physical Therapy Hurt?
- Physical therapy is not meant to bring pain, but to relieve pain! You might experience some temporary soreness from using muscles that are weakened or recovering. Rest assured that this is a normal response to physical therapy treatment and not a cause for concern.
- There is a chance, however, as you restore your mobility that your pain levels will fluctuate. Good communication with your therapist will help minimize any discomfort. Like you, we also want you on your way to full pain relief and back to normal activities as soon as possible.
When Will I Notice Pain Relief?
- Each patient’s diagnosis is different, so together with your referring physician, our therapist will develop a plan of care that is right for you.
- Your plan of care and number of visits will be determined during your first visit and explained to you by our physical therapist.
How Do I Pay For Treatment?
- We accept cash, check, debit card, and credit card. It is our policy that payment is made at the time of service.
- Your insurance benefits will be determined before your first visit, and you will be informed of what, if any, payment is necessary on your appointment date.
How Can I Schedule An Appointment?
- Our scheduling is easy! Click the Request Appointment button at the top right of our website and we will contact you to schedule. We have convenient appointment times available to meet the demands of your busy schedule.
- In most cases, insurance will cover a good portion, if not all, of your treatment costs. We understand navigating insurance can be confusing, so Plumas Physical Therapy will be happy to assist in contacting your insurance company and determining your coverage based on your policy.
- For more information, visit our insurance plan page under Patient Info. We do offer different payment options for your convenience.
What If You Don’t Accept My Insurance or I Don’t Have Insurance?
- For patients who do not have insurance or who have exhausted their benefits , we offer a self-pay rate, due at the time of service.
What Kinds Of Conditions Can Physical Therapy Treat?
- Physical therapy can help treat just about any orthopedic injury or condition you can think of, including scoliosis, sports injuries, Parkinson’s disease, vertigo, and more.
- Physical therapists are trained medical experts in musculoskeletal and neurological conditions. They will work closely with your physicians to make sure that your treatment plan is as efficient and effective as possible.
- Rest assured, our therapists are well trained to evaluate and treat your condition and provide you with the relief you seek. You are in good hands!
How Should I Prepare For My First Appointment?
Please have your prescription (if applicable) and insurance card handy when scheduling your first appointment. This will enable us to confirm your insurance benefits and provide you with an estimate of coverage.
To bring/keep in mind on your first visit:
- A prescription (if needed for insurance) for physical therapy from your referring physician, ARNP, or PA.
- Insurance information (we will make a copy of your card).
- Print out the patient forms, fill them out, and bring them with you. If you are unable to do this, please allow for extra time to fill these out upon your arrival.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to complete any remaining paperwork, so you can maximize the time of your initial evaluation.
- Please wear comfortable clothing that allows easy access to your problem areas.
- Bring any case manager or insurance adjuster contact names, phone numbers, and claim numbers in the event of an automobile accident or worker’s compensation claim.
How Long Is A Typical Therapy Session?
- The first session usually lasts for one hour and fifteen minutes. Each session after that may be 45-60 minutes.
- The amount of time will be based on your specific needs, and our therapist will discuss this with you. You will most likely see your therapist once or twice per week, to begin with, and as you progress through treatment, your sessions will be more spread out.
What Will My Treatments Look Like?
- With physical therapy, it is important to know that the overall goal is to restore pain-free mobility and function and to prevent an injury or pain from recurring. Our physical therapists evaluate your movement patterns, identify the cause of your pain, and work to manage or eliminate it.
- Physical therapy is a medical, hands-on approach to relieving pain and restoring function. While every patient’s condition and pain are unique, our physical therapist will use a variety of gentle hands-on techniques, exercises, and equipment to relieve pain quickly and restore your function to optimum levels.
If I Want To Continue With Physical Therapy Sessions After My Pain Is Gone, Can I Do So?
- Yes, once you have completed your therapy sessions, your therapist will provide you with an at-home continuing therapy program. We can work with you on determining if equipment may be beneficial, and what exercises would be helpful in your continued recovery.